No hay mejor manera de combinar el deporte y el turismo que con una ruta en bici para descubrir un nuevo destino.
Going on cycling route: tips and benefits
Cycling routes allow you to explore new places with a unique perspective on two wheels while enjoying outdoor sport. You can reach hidden places, see the beauty up close and connect with the land you are visiting in a different way.
In this article we tell you all about the advantages of cycling and give you tips to make your trip a success. Come and discover the best of the Costa Brava by bike with a stay at Mas de Torrent Hotel & Spa.
The benefits of cycling
Cycling offers a wide range of benefits for both physical and mental health, as well as some advantages for the more adventurous travellers. Some of the most important benefits are:
- Improved fitness. Cycling is an excellent form of cardiovascular and muscle-strengthening exercise that is also low impact on the joints.
- Mental health benefits. Physical activity such as cycling has been shown to have mental health benefits by reducing anxiety and stress.
- Group activity. Although you can cycle alone, doing it with friends and family can be a social activity, adding motivation to exercise.
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly. Cycling as a means of transport helps reduce carbon emissions and promotes a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Access to hidden places. With a bike you will reach areas that may be inaccessible by public transport or private vehicle.
- Sport for all ages. Cycling is a very versatile and healthy activity that can be adapted to different ages and fitness levels depending on the route.
Tips for going on a cycling route
One of the main tips if you are going to go cycling is to plan your route in advance. Although some cyclists are adventurous, if you have little experience, it is best to know the route, the distance and the possible stops.
You should also bring the right cycling equipment. Inspect your bike before you set off, check your tyres and brakes, and carry basic tools in case you need to make any repairs.
Don't forget to wear a helmet and comfortable, visible clothing, especially if you're riding on the road. Take plenty of water with you to keep you hydrated on the route, as well as energy snacks or nuts to recharge if necessary.
Cycling routes on the Costa Brava
From Hotel Mas de Torrent, located in the heart of the Costa Brava, you can enjoy a variety of routes for all levels from where you can discover a privileged natural environment.
Enjoy the good weather to go cycling and discover small medieval villages, the Gavarres forests, the Mediterranean coast and other wonders of the region from our luxury hotel on the Costa Brava.
If you don't have your own equipment, at Mas de Torrent we rent mountain bikes, road bikes, electric bikes or touring bikes, depending on the route you want to do. We also offer cleaning and maintenance of your equipment, as well as the option of taking a picnic with you if you go out all day.
Finish your cycling route along the Costa Brava with a visit to our Mas Spa, a luxury relaxation and wellness area with water circuit, sauna and hammam, fitness and body treatments by expert therapists.